Author Topic: Cubs acquire Holland from Giants for lefty bullpen option  (Read 85 times)

Kemoko

• Новичок
    • View Profile
Derek Holland was acquired by the Cubs on Friday from the San Francisco Giants for a player to be named, giving the Cubs a new left-handed option out of the bullpen.As part of the trade, San Francisco agreed to send Chicago $1,846,505 to cover all but $425,000 of the $2,271,505 remaining in Holland $6.5 million salary this year. San Francisco also agreed to a conditional $500,000 payment if the Cubs decline Holland $6.5 million option for 2020 and pay him a $500,000 buyout.The 32-year-old is 2-4 with a 5.90 ERA in seven starts and 24 relief appearances this year Javier Baez Jersey. He started the season in the rotation and was 1-4 with a 23.63 ERA when he was moved to the bullpen in mid-May. He has a 5.03 ERA as a reliever this season but has held left-handers to a .182 batting average with one extra-base hit in 89 plate appearances this year.                 His numbers are pretty spectacular left-on-left right now, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said.Were getting him in, and Ill get an opportunity to speak with him, then well put him right out there.Aptly, Holland has a boxer named Wrigley. He blamed a collision with the dog on a staircase in his home for a knee injury that caused him to miss the start of the 2014 season.Holland had a 0.68 ERA over 10 appearances from late June before allowing four runs against the New York Mets on July 20 https://www.ccfanstore.com/Jody_Davis_Jersey-57. He was designated for assignment the next day.Holland began the season in the rotation as the No. 2 starter.In May, the left-hander publicly criticized the Giants after he was moved to the bullpen. San Francisco is winning again and has a deep bullpen for manager Bruce Bochy.Holland said the front office had him fake an injury when he spent a stint on the injured list with bone bruise on his left index finger.To be honest, I have no idea what theyre doing, Holland said.I dont mean that by Boch and them, it more from the front office. We keep changing a lot of things. I did a fake injury, so Im not happy about that. But at the end of the day, Im going to do whatever they ask me to do.Holland is 78-77 with a 4.51 ERA in 221 starts and 54 relief appearances for Texas (2009-16), the Chicago White Sox (2017) and San Francisco (2018-19).Chicago designated lefty Tim Collins for assignment to open a roster spot. Collins had a 3.12 ERA in nine relief appearances for the Cubs this year https://www.ccfanstore.com/Dan_Winkler_Jersey-40.